3/08/2008

Climate Change or Global Warming?

This Saturday evening of March 8th 2008, if I look outside and at the thermometer, I am wondering if we should still talk of Global Warming. Geographically, I am located 75Km (47mls) north-east of Montreal. According to the statistics from Weather Channel, in March the average temperature is -2c with the warmest day recorded at 28,6c on March 28th 1945 and the coldest, March 4th 1950 with -29,4c. The worst snow fall is still in early March 1971 that is still recalled as the storm of the century in Montreal. The Boomers and the Boomex, like me, too young to be a Boomer but to old to be an X, still remember that storm which paralysed southern Quebec for three days.

As I am writing these lines, it’s stormy outside. M wife is stuck in Drummondville and can’t come home from work. The thermometer shows -7c and another 10 to 15cm of that white s*** is on the way overnight. This week, I was in Halifax and even there, some snow is still on the ground. Halifax is south of Montreal and in the Gulf Stream of the Atlantic.

I did notice, doing some research on the speed limiter issue that for every study on Global Warming, there is one conflicting it. However, the scientific community agrees to say that there is a “Climate Change” and I think this term applies better.

1 commentaire:

GoGo a dit…

Its summer time on the west coast!
We have had balmy weather for the past 3 weeks. It feels like April.

It seems the weather patterns are changing. At least something is changing, unlike the political climate.