6/05/2008

Canadian, Ontario and Quebec Truckers are gutless


Only loud mouths on talk radio, on the CB and in truck-stops.

For the last three years, many papers, myself, on this blog and on XM Radio have tried to rally most of you and inform you about serious topics.

How many times have I warned you about the plans of the CTA and its board?


I had put online a petition on July 8th 2007 so you could have a place to register your concerns about the proposal of large carriers and the Ministers of Transport in Ontario and Quebec to limit your income way before the oil companies took care of it with overpriced fuel.

For almost 11 months, only 956 persons, many of then Americans and people not even driving trucks, have put their names to this petition. If I consider that only in Quebec there are over 160,000 CDL or Class 1 holders and the majority of them are going to be affected by these measures. I can allow myself to simply say that many have no guts to fight for their rights and still accept submission without doing a thing about it.

I have thrown the towel, I sold my truck. I have resigned myself not to let a third party tell me how to conduct myself just like a preschooler. Yes I am still a Professional Driver, a modern day Cow-boy. The past motto on the Quebec plates was “The Beautiful Province” (La Belle Province) that was way before it became a poutine restaurant chain, now it is “I Remember” (Je me souviens) and I will keep in memory the days I could still operate my small trucking business the way I wanted.

If you wanted to sign the petition, it’s too late, I closed it.

Aucun commentaire: