1/27/2009

Welcome Mister President Obama!

I try to keep to a minimum my political comments on this blog. For the last year I am more at home not being an OTR driver no more. At least, I’m not out for weeks at the time. I had my fair share of financial issues with customers that didn’t honour the terms of their billing. This had as a side effect to leave me more time to watch the main stream newscasts on TV and a little less radio because I had to let go my satellite radio momentarily.


In title, I was almost tempted to make a little bit of satire with the writing of the 44th Presidents name by separating the O and adding an “h”. This is how I feel when I see and hear the comments of news readers and hosts on the main stream. I am very happy for my neighbours and for the entire world after the past eight years of the preceding administration that was more defence oriented then diplomacy inclined. Many analysts have compared G.W. to a warrior. A fact to consider, since September 11th 2001, there has being no terror attacks on the American soil while in the Clinton years, at least 3 attacks, including the first attack to the WTC. That is not counting two majors plots that have been dismantled before happening.


Yes, I do have a political right incline rather then a left one. However, I also see many ideas for the new administration that are not from the hard core of lefties. What I also like about President Obama, he is issued from the people, not a hare of a long line of politicians that wears out the benches of parliaments or capitols around the world. Yes, this President represents the true American dream, a dream the makes anything possible for everyone willing to make effort in order to achieve this dream.


Well enough of politics, I am deeply happy to see this change but, I still wonder how the main stream will react when President Obama will have to take unpopular decisions. Will they shake the pedestal to a point of tumbling it? The people of America will tell us in 2012.

Aucun commentaire: