10/29/2009

Meanwhile in a Civil Servant Office of Quebec…


We have been polled on new increases of rates, we got some and we will be charged more in the future. The most hypocritical increase was the one of our driver’s permit. Not only the ones with the motorcycle class, I am talking about every driver’s permit.


Like many of us, I got my paiement notice in the mail, I then passed to the internet portal to get my dues paid, almost with my eyes closed. This is a ritual I do every two years and if I look at my little laminated card with my face on it, I had to do it this year. The amount was almost the same as last time since I had caught a speeding ticket with my car at the last renewal. What a surprise when I found out about a change on the bill! Our dear and costly SAAQ had changed the time frame. My permit was valid for one year instead of two! An increase of almost 100%! Is the SAAQ now a highway robber?


Some pressure groups such as “All Against the SAAQ” are making a lot of noise on the outrageous increases for the registrations and permits for motorcycles but, who is putting the pressure on the management of the SAAQ about the other increases? Is this government waiting a rebellion of the population?


Personally, this government has my number and hitting my nail from many directions. Revenue, SAAQ, RAMQ, only to name these.


Taxes, income taxes, hidden taxes, PST on basic services, on public services and service fees, this government has mastered the art of doing it. And us, what are we doing? PAY, PAY, PAY without a word…


I am fed up of working almost half on the year to feed that tax machine and this is without looking at surprise fees that comes along afterwards.


I hope that one day we will get really tired of dying like dummies…

1 commentaire:

Unknown a dit…

Great blog. A friend of mine is a trucker but recently had some problems. He borrowed his truck to his brother and he crashed it while driving under influence. I guess it proves the number one rule, never borrow you car to anyone. He is seeking counsel with a truck accident attorney right now, as the other driver didn't have insurance.