5/02/2007

Our troops need our support


Last November, I had prepared an audio clip that was aired on Entre les 2 lignes that I was co-hosting at the time. A few days prior to that, I had my father listen to it. Dad is a WWII vet. He had asked me to burn it on a CD so he could share it with at the Legion with other members. He had a lot of good works on it and told me about them.

Being myself a former army cadet, #2725 of the Fusillers Mont-Royal, I had the ambition to follow in a military career. Unfortunately, the recruiting officers decided otherwise and I stayed in the civilian life.

Since September 2001, on my truck, there is a yellow ribbon on each side to show my support. After the years, they faded out and were hard to see on a white cab. On a fuel stop at the Irving in Cornwall, I saw on the counter red ribbons with a Canadian flag and the mention “Support our troops”. The profits are for care packages for our troops that greatly need them.

I have often said the event if we don’t agree with the decision of our elected officials about where the troops are sent, these men and women deserve our support for the job they do and when they come home.

If you feel like dropping them a good word to help them keep their moral up, here is the web link to do so

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/community/messageboard/message_add_e.asp

Jean Catudal

Aucun commentaire: