7/02/2007

June 24th, July 1st, The Vacations are Coming!

In Quebec we have the advantage to be able to rehearse the week before our neighbours of Ontario for Canada Day traffic. On Friday the 29th, I was on my way to Toronto for a delivery and another load to the USA, I saw a few situations of human non-sense I had to take pictures of.

I can say that there is some people in a rush to get to the day off and there is some people in a rush to get to destination to start the vacations. Here is two examples.

If you clic on the picture, you will see in front of the car in the left lane a tent trailer pulled by a minivan. The time it took to get out the camera, it was already far. The tent trailer is nose diving and the van has the rear lowered by the weigh. The kids in the back, the wife and even I think I saw a dog. This is an example of somebody in a rush to get on location for the vacations. At the time of the picture, I was cruising at 108Kmh



You will excuse the bad focus, it's a new camera and I'm still not familiar with all the fonctions.










This is an example of somebody in a ruch to get to the long weekend. Even a three hundred and something fine is not going to get in his way. There again, I was rolling about the same speed as my encounter with the happy camper. Fortunatly there is more professional drivers on the roads then there is careless truckers. Can you imagine what a MPP can think seeing this?
"When we vote for the mandatory speed limiters, I'll vote yes even if this is a situation of lacking enforcement"

With this in mind and on the upcoming vacation season at our front door, we need to act like what we are: Professional Drivers. We all saw in the past terrorist LCV's (I mean tourist), the kind that has a boat hooked to a car that is hooked to a motor home! Or the other version of a pick-up truck pulling a 5th wheel that pulls a boat trailer!

Many of these people don't even drive hauling a trailer the miles we run in a week, a five day week. Let's keep an eye open for them and let them enjoy their vacation.

Jean Catudal

Aucun commentaire: